Friday, September 2, 2011

New Times, New Guns

It's been a long time since I posted on my blog. It's rather hard for me to do reviews and stuff like that because they already have been done. Instead I can relate about my experience and give thoughtful opinion. Last year I bought a baby Glock 26 in 9mm, I like it. I choose to carry it. Then last summer I built an FAL battle rifle from a brand new Argentina built kit (minus receiver), bought the receiver from DSA, a good friend of mine and I put it together, and I've been working rounds through it. It's my second, the first was a Century International Arms built one, and it was far from perfect. This one is superb and shoots fantastic. Then earlier this year, I bought a former Israel Police duty Browning High Power, made by Fabrique Nationale in Beligium, with the commander style hammer. Some wear adding to character, but a beautiful pistol. It was manufactured in 1969, and was told that it may not like hollow points (many handguns didn't get the throating treatment until the '80s when hollow points were getting closer to perfection), but I haven't had an issue. So that's pretty much the update.

No comments: